The Friends of Agua Caliente (FOAC) works closely with Pima County Natural Resources Parks and Recreation (NRPR) to provide volunteer support at Agua Caliente Park. This is a vital mission to improve visitor experience at the park and to promote the park and the mission and goals of FOAC. Below is a summary of some of these opportunities (additional ones will be added as they are developed). To volunteer or for additional information, contact NRPR at eeducation[at]pima.gov.
- Ranch House Greeters and Docents. The Greeter will be inside or in front of the Ranch House and provide general information and orientation. A Docent will interpret the historic Ranch House, provide cultural history, and natural resources inside the Ranch House.
- Tour Guides. Interpret a defined route around the park on a specific subject.
- Rovers. Impromptu roving the park to talk to visitors and answer questions about cultural, natural, and park history.
- Kit Interpretation. Stationary interpretation of a specific topic with a static display.
- Park Ambassadors. Uniformed interaction with the public to address any issues/questions. Conduct clean-up and stewardship as required. Know and convey park history, rules, and the reservation process.
- Birding. Conduct or assist with scheduled birding walks.
- School and Youth Programs. Help NRPR with scheduled school and youth programs.
- Nature Kits for use and checkout from the Pima County Library.
- Administrative help behind the scenes.